222 Central Park South
Constructed in 1908 and designed by Charles W. Buckham, The Gainsborough was developed by a group of artists led by August Franzen and is named after Thomas Gainsborough, the English artist.
The structure is sixteen floors high with only thirty four apartments yet all of these units have impeccable views of the Central Park. Each unit has double height living rooms facing the direction of the park. From the exterior, noticeable are the large double-story windows that are decorated intricately in the base of a pediment doorway. The overall appeal of the structure’s exterior is Venetian. In addition, the tiles used in the top two floors of the building are Moravian and it complements beautifully to the overall beauty of the structure. The lobby of the building was renovated in 1988 where the owners had it renovated again to restore the original design of the lobby because it was already considered as a landmark of the city.